Thursday, May 22, 2008

Called Out


I'll confess every time I get in the elevator with someone else at work in the morning, I feel a little glee when I push a higher button than anyone else. Because I always do. (Feel glee AND push the higher button in case that was unclear.) Today it was me and lady who pushed "18." I got in directly behind her and with no small amount of relish (which I mistakenly assumed was kept discreetly to myself) I pushed 20. She said "Alright, alright. Your 20 beats my 18." I was shocked and slightly embarrassed (name that quote) but we then had a delightful discussion about the fruit we had each just purchased for breakfast, how excited we were about said fruit, and she recognized me as "a Christian sister" resulting in my first stranger in an elevator high-five.

True, this story is not more worth-telling than any other 15 things that happen to me in a day, but it is part of my goal to blog more often and perhaps share more of the small things that bring me joy.

Also, I wanted to brag that my friend Jeff just taught me how to insert links in my blog. All the way from Provo. Good job Jeff!

PS the elevator buttons pictured below are NOT from my building. our buttons are WAY classier then those

4 comments:

Tamara said...

i love this. fantastic!

meredith.campbell said...

I like that story! I have to see you when we move to Philadelphia. We'll be there for 4 years, so we have no excuses with you such a short distance away!

Heather said...

That is an awesome story! Way to work on a high level classy building.

Sally said...

I would so feel the same way as you. The best people always work on the higher floors!