Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Still Alive

I'm at my sister Ann's house getting some training for my triathalon, and I've decided to take advantage of the computer situation to do a little blogging. In lieu of some of the clever blogs I've been composing in my head, I'll just do some bullet points about what's going on in my life, in case you care.

1. Like I mentioned, I've decided to become a triathalete. I guess I'll need to learn how to spell that if I"m going to be serious about this. Ann (who is a swimmer and a triathalete) gave me some personal training and in a 20 minute session, I went from horrible, afraid-to-put-my-face-under-the-water (I know, isn't that embarrasing) to below-average, but not hating it. In fact, I kind of liked it after a bit. All told, I probably swam about half a mile and walked away just fine.

2. The decorating of my house is going great! I only have one picture because I didn't plan ahead for having this unlimited computer access. This is the view of kitchen from the living room.


I love it very much. Warms my heart and makes me happy. The plaid was an inspired (literally) solution to the fact that I didn't like the way the yellow and green looked together.

I'll post other pictures later. Hopefully. (teaser--the bedroom is violet)

3. I like my job (even though they have me in preschool right now). I'll put more about that later too.

4. I went through the pictures on my phone to see if there was anything else I should be reporting on and I found a picture of the flowers Michael sent me for Valentine's Day.

So, things are going well with Michael too.

5. I got called to be my ward's Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (church assignment helping to make sure that everyone in the congregation is prepared in case of a disaster). I am very excited about it. I used to think that Sunday School teacher was the best calling in the church, but I see now that I was very, very wrong.

I've now reported on my house, my job, my boyfriend, and my exercising. Those are the main things in my life right now. Have I moved to Utah and turned boring? I hope not. Well, only time will tell I suppose. But I am going to bed now.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I think your life sounds awesome. and i can't wait to see pics of the violet bedroom! :)

Happy Herrons said...

So sorry I coulnd't find the power cord - I will look more today. Have fun with the four year olds!