Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Short Story

Well, there is so so so so so much to tell! But it is 2am and I am very tired and only minimally capable of being coherent, so I will tell the short story now and expand later.

Back in October, I went to a wedding and met a boy named Matt.

(us the night we met)

He fell in love with me on our first date and decided to marry me.

There were twists and turns and unexpected delays and some misadventures, but eventually I became his girlfriend. One day about a week into our relationship, we had this conversation

Me: How would you feel if eventually you wore me down and I decided to marry you?
Matt: I would feel great!!! How would you feel?
Me: Well, if I had decided to marry you, obviously I would be pretty happy about it.

More or less, that's what happened.

And I am so so so so glad because it turns out that Matt is the most wonderful, caring, loving, thoughtful man in the history of the universe. I never knew that love could be this wonderful. His love for me has already changed my life, and I can't help but love him in return. He makes me so happy.

Tonight he popped the question and I said yes. More details later.
(us the night we got engaged)

He gave me a ring that belonged to his grandmother, which I love love love
AND (since this is just the kind of guy he is) he gave me a GORGEOUS ruby ring because he knew I'd always wanted one for an engagement (due to my deep and abiding love of the 31st Psalm). And having been involved in a very superficial way in the search for the ruby, that psalm means even more to me because they are seriously hard to find (he had to order this one from Florida)!
The ruby ring is unbelievably beautiful! The band has twelve sparkly diamonds embedded it in, which I just decided ten minutes ago represent the twelve years of my life that I have been eligible to be married, but have been waiting for Matt to find me. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! He is the best thing that ever happened to me and we are so so happy. (and we're both pretty determined to just become happier and happier still, which is one of the many things I love about him.)

22 comments:

Pat Harker said...

I love this short story! We are so happy and excited for you both. And the Ruby ring is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you, Holly! This is AWESOME!!

Meg Ruth said...

Congratulations, Holly! SO SO happy for you both!

Liz H. said...

hooray! congratulations, holly! i am really happy for you! i can't wait to hear the long story, because of course we all want more details!

Corrie said...

Oh Congratulations Holly!! I am so excited and thrilled and happy for you!

Heather said...

Happy wedding to you!

Happy Herrons said...

Yah yah yah!!! Welcome Matt!! Let the debate about who gets the guest suite begin!

Lizzie said...

Holly! I'm sooo excited to hear more details! Congratulations!

Deibel Family said...

Holly, I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

Erika said...

Yay! Congratulations!

maxfamclan said...

I love the short story too! What a charming story even in abbreviated form. Congratulations! You sound blissfully happy.

Tamara said...

WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

So unbelievably happy for you two!

Aaron and Maren Dennis said...

Best blog update ever!

Meredith said...

Holly, I want you to know your post made me cry! I have known Matt for many years and always knew what a great guy he was, but was never sure if he would find "the one." I am so happy that he has found you. You have brought out a side in him that I never knew existed. If he is anything like his brother and dad, he will make an amazing husband and father. I am excited to have another daughter-in-law in the family. The Harkers are the best family in the world and I feel amazingly blessed to be a part of them, and you will too. Congrats to you and Matt!

Alisha said...

YAY!!!!

Becca said...

congrats, holly!

A sense of humor with a side of toast said...

Congrats and what a beautiful ring!

Samantha said...

Holly! I'm so happy for you! I'll join the others in saying congratulations!

Kate said...

OMG, the ring is gorgeous.
Congratulations, Holly!!

Kendra Leigh said...

Congratulations, Holly! So so happy for you! Wishing you the BEST!!

Unknown said...

congrats for happy and enjoy full life.

Atlas Equipments said...

There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made certain good points in features also.

- Bitumen Sprayer | Mini Bitumen Sprayer | Mini Concrete Mixer