Thursday, August 30, 2007

All for naught

Since becoming a blogger, I have carried my camera (all 200 megapixels of it) with me at all times so I can photodocument any interesting thing I come across for blogging purposes. What, oh what, is the purpose when all the really truly interesting things can't be photographed? By which I mean:

1. Foxie Brown lives. I saw her walking down Avenue of Americas. But since she was walking straight at me-- hair, boots, hot shots and all-- I didn't think it would be appropriate to bring out my camera.

2. A saw a man with a real live very large bird of some type on his shoulder pirate-style. I mean big--this bird's head was probably a good three inches above the man's head and his tail when to the man's waist. And it was bright blue. I wonder if it talks. I never saw that in Indiana.

But, on the plus side, I did have my camera with me so that I could document Becca's motorcycle accident. So, things do work out.

PS the posted picture does not really resemble the bird I saw. It's just a teaser because I know people don't like blog postings without pictures. That's why I carry my camera with me. A lot of good it does.

Also, Foxie Brown was not wearing nearly that much clothing. This is just a stock photo after all.

2 comments:

MegRuth said...

holl,

i'm pretty sure that's the foxy brown from the 70s that was the woman's version of shaft or something

you are looking for foxy brown the rap super star that was oroginally let our of prison, yes?

Holly said...

Megan, I don't even know what you're talking about. I think I just heard of Foxie Brown as the embodiment of the totally rad, hot, sexy 1970's black woman. I don' t know who the historical figure actually was.