Monday, October 19, 2009

How Office Life Has Ruined Me For Home Life

Today I was baby-sitting for my niece at my sister's house when her phone rang:

Me: Lewis home. This is Holly. How can I help you?
Caller: I'm looking for Jason Lewis.
Me: I'm sorry, he's not in right now. Would you like to leave him a message?
Caller: Yes, please.
Me: Alright, you can leave that message with me.
Caller: I'm confirming his dentist appointment for tomorrow at 4.
Me: Okay. I will pass that on to him. Thank you for calling. Good-bye.

I realized I was being way too professional half way through the conversation, but I couldn't stop myself.

2 comments:

Kate said...

At least you managed to answer with the appropriate greeting for the situation! There were too many times after a long work day I slipped up and answered my cell phone with "Thank you for calling (company name), how many I direct your call?" only for my mother to be on the other end, terribly confused about which number she had dialed. Oh, good times.

Happy Herrons said...

It's cute and I think the message will actually get delivered!