Monday, October 19, 2009

How to Be the Favorite Auntie

Since being in Utah for 1.5 months I have NOT found a job. I have NOT taken the GMAT. I have NOT found a volunteer opportunity. I have NOT even painted my room.

But I HAVE become the favorite Auntie to my three nieces.

You may ask how I accomplished this in so short a time. For the benefit of my readers, I have broken my strategies into three easy steps:

1. Download a coloring app onto your iPhone
The nieces will be begging for it (and thus your attention) every time you're near.

Please note: be sure to turn off the sound during sacrament meeting.

2. One word: Birdie Flap Flap
This is a game my sister invented when I was a little girl. I have no idea how she did it, being only 6 years older than me. It is tiring enough with these tiny little girls!

3. My nieces take after their favorite auntie in regards to their love of dancing. I host a dance party very frequently when we get together. In this particular picture, I out did myself with the epiphany of a table-top dance party. (Like I always say, "train them up in the way they should go".) But usually our dance parties consist of us all dancing around on the floor together. (Note to readers: if you want to teach your three-year old niece that the secret to dancing is all in the hips, do not do it where the child's mother can hear you.)

5 comments:

Sally said...

Hehehehe! You are the bestest Auntie ever!

Heather said...

You are the best auntie EVER!!!! I am so happy you are in Utah. also, loved the droid poster...too funny

Happy Herrons said...

Yes, that "dancing with the hips" was a bit discerning to one mother. But I figure with the table dancing too....!!! Oh well, we believe in real life experiences. YOu are awesome! Also loved art work.

Jnuck said...

I wish that you were my aunt!

Lisa H said...

Thanks for the tips, I'm working on favorite auntie status :) You know, I think I, too would be a full-time auntie if people would let me. Sounds like fun :)