Thursday, June 10, 2010

One week down, the rest of my life to go

This last week of self-cherishing has been so incredibly awesome. Life-changing really. I know I tend to throw that expression around willy nilly, but this time I really mean it.

It all started simple enough-- getting a massage (I'm glad to say the world did not end when I "wasted" the money on that), spending a day riding roller coasters and buying any of the amusement park food I wanted (fun!), doing some shopping. But then one morning, seemingly out of nowhere, I had one of those break-through, now-I-get-it moments. I realized-- really realized-- for the first time ever that I am precious through and through based 100% only on the fact that God made me. The cynic might argue, but God made everyone. I respond: I know! Isn't it AMAZING?!! I always believed that, but know I really get it. And realizing something like that changes you on a certain level.

It was a great week. And I intend to carry on with my self-cherishing ways. It is an awesome feeling.

To celebrate my week, last night Michael brought me not one, but TWO bouquets of flowers.

And instead of feeling guilty that he was wasting his money on me, I just felt very happy.

A girl could get used to this.

2 comments:

maxfamclan said...

What a good week. Glad you thought to remember it and document it :)

Happy Herrons said...

Yah! I am also working on being calm and being able to say no, it is quite literating.