Friday, November 16, 2007

Bread Diva

Since this is my blog, please allow me the priviledge of bragging on myself. Today I arrived home from work at 5:45 and left my house at 7:15 have made THREE different types of homemade bread. Wait, now that I think about it, that's only one type every thirty minutes which I guess isn't really that impressive. But I made myself dinner during that time too. Which now that i think about it was maybe not the best idea because I was after all gettting ready to go to a dinner (more specifically pre-Thanksgiving) party. But one of the breads WAS a yeast bread after all. But of course, I had used a recipe that allowed me to make it in the morning and let it rise all day. But they did need to be rolled out and shaped. But the corn bread was from a mix. But the baking powder biscuits were from scratch. But baking powder biscuits are really easy.

Well I really wasn't expecting this blog to be such a philosophical argument! I was really just thinking of bragging about what a master chef I am. But now I'm not sure it was all that impressive. Oh well, i will be pleased about it just the same.

And I guess you people will want a picture:


This was taken after I got home while I was blogging about it when i realized that you people would want a picture. You can tell the cornbread was not very popular--but do keep in mind that it was competing again homemade rolls and baking powder biscuits (which I am quite popular for in my own circle). I will probably make cornbread stuffing this weekend. I've never done that before but I hear it's good.

No comments: