Monday, November 26, 2007

Actual Life Update

My last two entries have confirmed to me my recent theory that I never put anything that is actually important in my blog. To rectify this situation, I have decided to dedicate an entry to actual life events AKA what I would tell you if you asked what was up and actually wanted to know.

1. I got to see my family this month for our annual Thanksmas celebration. It was totally awesome. Everyone was there. I got meet my new neice Emma and play with my toddler niece Ellie. We even had shirts this year by a professional designer (my friend Richard). It was a very good time.
(I'm doing my super model pose, can you tell?)

2. I quit my job!! Since deciding not to go to grad school, I've realized that I need to leave my current amusing, but ultimately dead-end career path. And since having had my life changed by the brilliant philosophies of Ayn Rand and deciding that money is the ultimate good (aside from God, etc having added my Christian touch to Rand's atheist ideals) I've decided to enter the business world. Since my current education and and experience are somewhat limited in financial skills, I think that my best bet will be administrative work. I think I will a totally awesome personal assistant. My plan is double my income while helping people bless the world through increased financial freedom. It's gonna be awesome! Here is my memento photo of my letter of resignation, complete with company letterhead and everything:

Although this technically is my letter from the failed resignation attempt of October 2007 when my boss talked me into temporarily postponing my day of departure. Well it bought him an extra two weeks and I think everything worked out really well this way.

3. I get to go home for Christmas!! I wasn't originally thinking I would be able to since at my company we only get one day off for Christmas and it's Tuesday, and then once I quit I thought I would need to stay in town for temp jobs, but I've gotten a great job for December doing my roommate's job managing a food photography studio while she's off in California. I already know the boss and although the pay is comparable to what I'm making now I'll get three super yummy meals a day! Plus I know my schedule so I'll be able to go to Michigan to be with my parents for Christmas. Yippee!!

I guess that's all the big news. But don't let the scarcity throw you off--my life is very exciting =)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

i love this. so, so glad i found your blog again.
i dig the shirts. i suppose we'll see soon if brown is actually your color...