Monday, May 11, 2009

I Was Wrong

Concerning my last post, I was mistaken regarding several key factors:

1. If I'd realized how incredible the party I was going to that night on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (yes, THE New York Stock Exchange) was going to be, it WOULD have cheered me right up. We got a private after-hours tour from a gentleman who has been working there 30 years. We got our picture taken at the place where they ring the bell. And the party was way swanky. (sorry for the bad picture quality--I don't have a scanner so this is a picture of the picture. if I get a scan, I'll replace it)

2. I got to go on my first bike ride of the year yesterday and everything was beautiful and green. So, even though it was totally lame that it rained for two weeks straight and I didn't get to enjoy the flowers in the sunshine and the excessive amounts of rain made all the trees lose their blossoms early, I guess some good did come out of it.

3. When it rains again (tomorrow) I will be ready. My roommate is de-junking and gave me these totally awesome Wellies. Even in the rain, life seems better when I don't have to wear ugly black boots. (If they look industrial or farm-like it's just because of the picture. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm pretty jealous that you got to go to a swanky party at the NYSE. What fun! And new boots make all the difference in how you handle the weather. Why do you think I have ridiculously bright pink boots? It's not cause I think they look good, that's for sure.

Heather said...

Wow...you are that cool new york girl.