Thursday, May 21, 2009

They better be worth it!

Subtitle: Seriously, I am THAT cheap.

Last night I bought these sandals:
At $59, they are by far the most expensive shoes I've ever purchased (including winter boots. including the shoes I wore to prom).

Historically, I have always just purchased whatever was on sale and made it work. But now that I've decided to only buy things that I love, shopping is much more complicated. Shoes are the hardest--I'm quite picky. In addition to thinking that most shoes in the market today are ugly, I have lots of double standards: I only like wearing sandals in the summer, but I don't like too much of my feet to show. I only like wearing high heels, but I want my shoes to be comfortable. I'm only getting one pair of sandals so I need them to match with everything, but I only like bright colors.

I'm claiming these orange sandals are neutral because they sort of match my skin. In the store, they were so comfortable it was only slightly less pleasurable than strapping little clouds to my feet. While the long-term durability of the "cloud effect" remains to be seen, I'm hoping this will be a long and happy relationship.

8 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

Well if you love them - then yah!

Lady Holiday said...

They are Aerosoles, right? It will be worth it. I think I'm only going to buy Aerosoles shoes from now on. I'm trying to do the same thing--just buy one pair of shoes at a time and wear them out, and so far Aerosoles has not let me down.

Tamara said...

i love them already!!!

Kate said...

They're so adorable, and totally you. I'm sure they will bring you great happiness.

stacey said...

I LOVE THEM. i am so jealous you have someone to wear those!

candicetheresa said...

I am a big proponent of only buying that which you love. So you go girl!

candicetheresa said...

And! Your $59 will be much better spent than buying four pairs at $15 that you only kind of liked. So you'll get more use, and love. Way to go!

Tamara said...

Spending to much money on shoes just comes with living in NYC, they are adorable!!