Monday, April 21, 2008

The best day of my life.

Subtitle: Joyfully, joyfully, biking to our home

I feel like I have been bike obsessed for the last several weeks. Before I did something crazy like going out and buying one, I decide to borrow someone else's to see if bike riding is really as awesome I remember it being. I attempted to borrow one Saturday morning and even had it in my possession for a full 40 minutes, but due to a long series of small, seemingly unconnected events that were somewhat humourous but which I will omit here for the sake of brevity, I only ended up riding it for approximately 3 pedals. That, however, was enough to convince me that I absolutely had to have a bike that day.

I called my friend Marcus who is a hardcore biker and therefore knows things. He told me the best place to go and even came with me to help pick one out. With Marcus' help, it was an easy decision. I fell in love with this one right away:



Mine is red like the one above, but has a woman's frame like the one beneath:


I decided to include them both so that you can begin to fully comprehend how beautiful my bike is even without seeing it.

To date, the purchase of my bike is the biggest impulse buy I have made in my life. But I think even just for the joy it has already given me, it is worth it. I get absolutely weak in the knees when I anticipate a full summer of biking about. Oh the joy and rapture!!
Marcus, Corina and I went on a little bike ride on the Hudson River Trail to break in my bike and the whole time I just kept singing a happy song (for the exactly lyrics see "Subtitle" above).

Here's a picture of me and Marcus at a lookout point long the Hudson River Trail.



Then Marcus had to high-tail it back to his place to get ready for stake priesthood meeting while Corina and I lolly-gagged around a bit enjoying the beautiful weather and the feeling of wonderfulness that is bicycle ownership.

Then we manged to leave our bikes for just a few minutes to do a bit of rock climbing:

(We were trying to make it to the boat seen below and we almost did, but decided Corina was in the wrong shoes to go into the water, which might have been necessary.)

Oh, I am a happy happy girl to own a bike!!!

PS I named my bike Rosie, partially because she's red and partially after Rosie the Riveter (because she's made out of metal and Rosie the Riveter is awesome).

5 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

AWESOME! I am so excited for you - have a bike does give you so much freedom! Can you ride your bike to work? Or is it just a for-fun bike? Happpy biking days!

Tamara said...

Congrats!!! Doug has loved having a bike in the city...good times are to be had;)

Heather said...

You it soo sexy, just like her owner! Have a great summer.

Heather said...

What I wanted to type was...Ohhh she's so sexy, just like her owner! Have a great biking summer!

Anonymous said...

Wow the best day ever! That is pretty great! But, as a doctor I must tell you...wear a helmet!! I am having scary visions of you falling off your bike and falling off some cliff onto jagged rocks! Bike safe! :-)