Thursday, August 21, 2008

Four Options

The problem of a perfectly wonderful life with no change on the horizon which I mentioned in my last blog still hangs heavily over my head. Thus far, I have come up with three "escape plans" from my perfect life as listed below:

Option 1: Join the Air Force
I mean, the reasons here are countless. I came up with 10 just off the top of my head last night when my roommate asked what I was thinking. But I will spare you the details. I think it would be a fun and unexpected adventure. I could be an officer you know. Plus, the pay is pretty good, I'd qualify for veteran benefits, I could use the GI bill when I get out to perhaps live my dream of being a full-time student for the rest of my life, and the Air Force is very family friendly. The perks go on and on.

Option 2: Move to Asia
I was originally thinking of Korea because I have a friend who just moved there and she has a four bedroom house all to herself. But then my Korean roommate told me that Korea is pretty much just like New York City. Now I'm thinking maybe China or Taiwan. If worse came to worse, I could teach English but I feel optimistic about some expat needing me. Or maybe a job in the hospitality industry.

Option 3: --gag-- Move to Salt Lake City
Because ALL of my sisters live in Utah. And if I lived downtown, I could pretend it was a big city.

Option 4: Suck it up and keep on loving my life
Because REALLY what's not to love about my current life? Why am I obsessed with the need for change? Am I somehow just sabotaging my life? Why this fear of things going so well? Maybe I should just take up a new hobby. Yoga, perhaps. Or I could write a novel (loosely based on my own life, of course.) Now would be the perfect time to finally learn reiki!! Or, as my roommate said yesterday "Maybe now is a good time to take that pole dancing class you're always talking about."

Please feel free to share your opinion on the survey to the right.

6 comments:

Sally said...

I vote for Salt Lake cause I'm here and we could play!! But really I'm very jealous of your life in New York and I say you should find new ways to love it. Volunteer somewhere, discover a new talent, take a class in something...basically, find a new way to challenge yourself. Congrats on all you already do! You are a great example!

Unknown said...

Please, Please, write a book!! I would be first in line to buy it!

Anonymous said...

i vote pole dancing.

Unknown said...

My my how things have changed... I vote for getting a tattoo. ;)

Heather said...

SLC is my vote! Come live by the nieces!!! I think you would miss the adventures of NYC!

Melissa said...

"And if I lived downtown, I could pretend it was a big city."

LMAO

Um, I vote for #4.