Monday, August 25, 2008

Officially Old

I thought it would happen when I got my own couch. It didn't.
I thought it would happen when I got my first unexplained body ache. It didn't.
I thought it would happen when I started paying for my own insurance and utilities. It didn't.
I thought it would happen when I decided that one of my favorite activities is an evening at home alone. It didn't.
I thought it had happened when I did an entire blog post about how old I'm getting, but apparently it did not.

This is the moment I passed the proverbial threshold into old age: one of the attorneys brought his son to work today. We were chatting and I told him I used to like to hang out at my dad's office when I was younger because I could play in the computer labs and (quote) "When i was your age, people didn't have computers."

Just hand me over a rocking chair, and start calling me granny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a very similar moment the other day!! I was explaining to a coworker how I had never used powerpoint until college because I didn't have a computer at home and most kids didn't, so our high school teachers (like Mrs. Carrel) would assign us those posterboard projects to do all the time. And she didn't believe that none of the kids in my class had computers. I should show her your blog as proof!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you look like the first two pictures much (in your below post), but I must agree with the third one. Holly Holly Holly.

Melissa said...

Hi Granny.

Melissa said...

oh, and here you go. :) lol