Monday, January 19, 2009

Completely Random Updates on Things in My Refrigerator

Travel back with me in your minds' eye to August 1, 2007. I am leaving for the Czech Republic in the early afternoon and have taken the entire day off work. I have cleverly planned my grocery buying so that am out of eatables. Wanting to avoid the high prices of food items at the airport, I go to a restaurant across the street for lunch. With my meal they give me a free can of root beer, which I do not drink because I know all that sugar will make me antsy on the plane. I cannot be entirely sure, but I believe that this picture (taken by me approximately 5 minutes ago) is of the very root beer can from one and a half years ago:
(I found it when I cleared my stuff off my roommate's fridge shelf in anticipation of her return from Christmas break)

In other refrigerator-related news. I am happy to announce that I have used up, in its entirety, my first full pound of flax seeds. As proof, I have photographed and will now publish my second pound of flax seeds which I bought just last week:
In addition to being high in omega fatty acids, flax seeds are super awesome because (when ground and mixed with water) they can be substituted for eggs in most baking recipes. They give things a yummy nutty flavor and are great in cookies, muffins, quick breads, etc. I use them in almost all my baking and I haven't had to buy eggs since May! As an added bonus, a pound of organic flax seeds only costs around $2. I look forward to using many more flax seeds in the future.

2 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

When is your big London trip coming up?

Sally said...

So how do I replace eggs with flax seed?? I'm dying to know and really want to try. I even currently own flax seeds. HELP!!