Monday, April 6, 2009

I went to Paris

I bet you thought I forgot. But no, two months later I will now blog report about my vacation to Paris. (I'll report on London later.)

I went to Paris.

I did all the things you would expect one to do in Paris.

Saw the Eiffel Tower

And Notre Dame (this is the back view, which I think is prettier) (the inside of Notre Dame was my favorite thing in the city)

And the Paris Opera House


And the Arc d'Triomphe

And all sorts of wonderful bridges over the Seine

And I ate lots of cheese and baguettes

I even got to go see Vinceness--the very very old fort/castle/suburb that the little city in Indiana where I grew up was named after




It was also a time of very "classy" eating. While we mostly ate frozen dinners, we did enjoy a spurge eating on the famous Champ-Elysee (at a McDonalds), another day I had a Parisian hot dog. (I KNOW it's a dumb thing they made up for the tourists, but it was yummy! I LOVE hot dogs!!!)

It was a very lovely trip, made all the better by being with a good friend, who doubled as possibly the world's best tour guide. I don't think I could have asked for a better trip.

5 comments:

candicetheresa said...

Very cool! The Arc was my favorite! I only missed the Sacre Coure. Did you go?

Holly said...

Yes, I loved Sacré-Coeur! It is shown in the background of the baguette and cheese picnic.

Sally said...

I am so jealous!! Can you ever eat American cheese again after enjoying French cheese?

Happy Herrons said...

Ah Pariee- I am glad you had an excellent time and got to eat yummy bread- though I am a bit jealous about that part. Did you also eat chocolate?

Rebecca said...

How fun! It brings back memories for me. Everyone should go to Paris. You're beautiful!