Monday, April 13, 2009

Going ons

How is it that even in nature, everything cool happens in the Village first? The daffodils are up everywhere, but I have only seen blooming trees in the West Village. They are gorgeous.

I've been going to the West Village a lot lately (3 of the last 3 weekdays) because my new favorite thing is there: Yogurt-land I love it so much.

Another thing I am loving these days is Ticket to Ride. It turns out it's not just a Carpentar's song, but also a very fun, highly addictive board game. I've played 4 of the last 8 days. Here's a picture of my first ever victory. (I'm yellow which you can't see very clearly, but trust me. I won.)

In other news, Sunday I was at a friend's house for an Easter morning breakfast/singing party and on our way out, I saw this note from her super posted in the hallway.

Today I paid my taxes. Unlike last year, I only owe $7. Yipee! And I'm actually getting a tad back from the state! I sent my $7 check in a pretty card with a bright blue envelope. I hope that gives them some cheer at the IRS office. I bet it's not a fun time to work there. Everyone hates taxes, but really it's just the price we pay for living in a civilized world.

8 comments:

Lady Holiday said...

I love Ticket To Ride, too! So if you ever need a player, count me in.

Meg Ruth said...

I LOVE Ticket to Ride too! Did you know you can play online too?

It's addicting so watch out. But you can find it at www.daysofwonder.com

Sharon said...

Ticket to ride is a blast! You might also enjoy the game Puerto Rico!

Liz H. said...

wow, a card to the IRS peeps. you're a better person that i, holly :)

Happy Herrons said...

Good idea - only they should MAIL REFUNDS in bright sunny envelopes to us - so WE can be happy! I like to think that ALL my taxes go to support my library.

candicetheresa said...

Tim and I have been addicted to Ticket to Ride for a few years now, so we know what it's like to have that addiction. So glad you've joined us!

Kate said...

I'm having Ticket to Ride withdrawals. It's been 2 days.

Rebecca said...

Matt and I love Ticket to Ride. Next time you come, we'll play. I was cracking up about the cute card to the IRS. That's why I love you. and you really need to shoot me an email with all the yummy places I should go eat in the city before we leave someday.