Monday, October 20, 2008

Random things

I don't like that it's now dark when i get home from work in the evening. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching the colors of the sunset reflect off the buildings. The colors are just amazing. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching the sun go down over the water. I recently put into words something that I've felt a long time: "Everything in nature is prettier when a body of water is involved." (of course this picture doesn't do it justice but you get the idea. It's even better looking at the buildings from among the buildings. so awesome)
Also if I stay at work late enough, then I get a good view of the city at night, which is SPECTACULAR. (this isn't the best picture but I chose it because it is the actual financial district)

Also, I got to go apple picking last weekend and the drive was GORGEOUS. And the company was wonderful. I don't have a picture of the lovely landscapes I saw or the people I was with, but here a picture of me at the orchard. Because I haven't published a picture of myself in a while (but just be aware that I"m normally cuter than this).

Also, I got to go to Ikea a few weeks ago. I am a firm believer that Ikea can hold it's own against Disneyland for the "Happiest Place on Earth" title. It was my first time going without having the meatballs, but it was still pretty awesome.

And to report on my goals, on Saturday, I played the piano AND jogged. It was my first time jogging since I gave it up last December, but I put pieced together a fairly cute jogging outfit (if you just ignore the large stain on the hoodie), put on my better running shoes that I brought from Michigan this summer and I was off. One of the secondary gains I've notice joggers enjoy is getting to know their neighborhoods. And I discovered an awesome park close to my house. There a overlook to see the East River (prettier in real life, of course) which, need I bother to mention, was incredible with the leaves. And it was really neat to be able to see about 13 different streams of traffic (counting lanes going both ways and exit ramps). And the paths were beautiful and there's even a swimming pool there. I was surprised. Also, I didn't not run faster than I had strength and I felt fine (more or less) the whole time, which was pleasant.

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

We love High Bridge Park- I took the girls to the pool there many many times this summer. It's free, you know.

Happy Herrons said...

You go jogger girl!