Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A System That Just Might Work

It occurs to me that I failed to mention why it is that I was so exhausted last Thursday. It was, in fact, a more than unusually busy week. In four days I hosted three major social events--one for more than 150 people, one with less than two hour notice, and a dance party in my living room. Three days previously, I had hosted a party in my home for about 50 people. I made 10 pies from scratch, although I did use my beloved food processor (or as the French say "Robot Culinaire") to help with the crust. I really WISH I had taken the time to blog about my mass pie making--sufficient to say it involved a pie literally EXPLODING in my oven. I still need to clean that up.

Pertaining to the above, in September my three very closest friends all left the city. This is very sad. But I am choosing to be optimistic and trust that more good things will flow into my life. In preparation to spend more time alone, I have prepared a "Winter To Do" list, which I hung on my wall beside my "Shows to See" list (down to three--can you believe it?!!) and "To Read". Among the "Winter To Do" list are "take up jogging" and "learn to play the piano better." All day long I was looking forward to jogging after work, but as so often happens, the excitement left once I got home. After a while of laying in my bed, gchatting and sincerely wanting to work on my various self-improvement and fun goals, the system that might actually work occurred to me--every day I can choose to EITHER jog OR play the piano for thirty minutes. My suspicion is that I'm going to get very good at piano. It's a good thing I had the foresight to buy my keyboard from a guy in my ward for the reasonable price of 50 cupcakes. Of course, I still owe 48 cupcakes on it, but, like everyone else, my creditor has moved out of the city. Hehehe.

[no pictures. sorry.]

4 comments:

Tamara said...

First.
What are the three shows left? Any of them that I want to see?

Second.
I am planning on running tomorrow morning. You?

xoxo

jkmace said...

hey glad you found me! Do you ever hear from anyone else...looks like you are still doing well...never doubted!

Heather said...

Hello! I love your new background, it is pretty much awesome. Also good job on thinking about jogging!

Lisa H said...

Holly, yours is my new favorite blog. Lisa