Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holly the Happy Home FIXER

While I have long considered myself a Happy Homemaker, I am only today beginning to consider myself a fix-it person.

Behold-- the hole in my apartment wall: (please note how big and deep the hole is)

I mixed the compound and the plaster dust MYSELF:

The finished project:

I am SOO proud of myself!!! I'd like to especially thank Gustavo for showing me how to do it when he was here last week fixing various things and for leaving the compound and plaster with me, even though I told him I didn't need it. Also, a shout-out to whoever refinished my apartment before I moved in for leaving his tools.

And the whole thing took less than two minutes INCLUDING photo taking. This is the greatest thing ever!!! I want to learn how to fix everything!!!! And decorate everything!!! Once again I have to ask myself--who is this person I've become? But I love it!!

Now I've got to do my yoga and get ready for my date tonight. (new apartment, new life)

PS This is 30 minutes later. I had published the post and was going on with my life when I was lucky enough to notice another hole in the wall--this one was even more tricky--it was on a corner!! But, trusting in my new-found skills, I fixed it right up!!! (Luckily I also saw Gustavo turn seemingly dried plaster into a useable form again, so i was able to do the same!) yay for me!!! yay for empowerment!!

3 comments:

Jason Lewis said...

wow...I am so proud of you. you are awesome! I think you are on your way to pure perfection!

Jason Lewis said...

oh=that was from me-heather and not jason

Happy Herrons said...

You go girl! Thanks for all of your encouraging phone calls during the adoption-crisis - they make me smile.