Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An important message to the movie "Australia"



Please, please, PLEASE don't stink!

I so rarely get excited about a movie. But just the idea of a combination of Hugh Jackman and Baz Luhrman sends me in a tizzy. Two of my very favorite things combined! Be still my heart.

And yet.... I find myself being skeptical. A cheesy historical romance? True, it fits in fairly well with some of the entirely-beneath-him roles that Mr. Jackman has performed in order to support his picture-perfect family, but Baz, this seems out of character for you. Where's the showy singing, dancing, or the Shakespearean language? Baz, I'm trusting you to pull this off. Hugh--although I know you did your best to save the movie Scoop, I think we both know how that turned out-- even your superior skill, charm and looks couldn't save something that bad to begin with. I understand that. Hopefully the two of you together can bring us something the likes of which we have not seen since "Strictly Ballroom."

Make me proud!

1 comment:

Dawna said...

congratulations to you for Hugh getting sexiest man alive in People! I'm sure you are quite proud.