Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Empowered!

Subtitle: all residual Montauk issues resolved
Some of you may recall from my last post that my beloved bicycle was broken during my Montauk adventure. Although it looked bad: I figured "No biggie. One trip to the bike shop should fix this. I'm still under warranty and all."

But my story turns out even better: I fixed it WITH MY OWN HANDS. Not with my own knowledge, mind you, but nonetheless I am very very pleased with this unexpected turn of events.

The hero of this story is Marcus, my official go-to guy for all things bicycle related.

After sending Marcus a digital picture of the problem, he said I would be able to fix it myself. I'll confess that although I consider Marcus to be a trustworthy person, I did not believe him. But we got on speaker phone, learned some vocab words ("cable", "cable housing", and others that I was taught but did not learn) and with much reassuring ("don't worry, you're NOT strong enough to break the cable") Viola! it was fixed! Good as new! It was incredible! I still find it hard to believe that I, ME, Holly Bluemlein, was somehow involved in the process. I feel like I can do anything now!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh wondrous of all wonders!! Isn't it nice to know that even the smallest of miracles let's us feel as if we can do anything??
And I know for a fact that YES -- YOU CAN!

Happy Herrons said...

You are woman hear you ROAR!!